Our TREASURES derive from the initials of the words, Our Talented and Responsible, Engaged and Active, Self-confident, Unique and Reliable European Students.
Our Treasures is a project in context with the European Educational & Cultural Comenius which is concerned with enabling and promoting students participation in the social process to act as creative, talented and active European citizens.
Aims - Goals
The project's main goal is the collaboration between (9) European schools (Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Latvia, Lithuania, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain and United Kingdom). To help students explore universal living values and implement them in relation to themselves, others, the community and Europe. To promote developing effective oral and written communication skills in mother and foreign language(s), collaboration and team work, critical thinking and problem solving and finally to make strong and successful cooperation in order to prepare students to take their place within a democratic society. The aforementioned will be implemented through addressing the following themes and problems:
1. Major community problems.
2. The school of our dreams-attractive school life, safety and health at school.
3. Effective intercultural communication.
4. The treasures within us-talents, abilities, creativity, imagination.
5. Education versus exclusion.
6. Local treasures through our students eyes.
7. Universal living values.
8. Our schools-European knowledge centers.
The duration of the programme will be two (2) years beginning from August 2010 till the end of July 2012.